(leading Japanese trading company)
Represented the organisation as a pivotal member of the Management Committee and Group Leadership Team, accountable for $350M and a workforce of 450. Key contributor to augmenting FMCG partnerships acquisition. Actively maintained the overall business growth through strategic planning; performed competition and market analysis to identify opportunities for growth. Directed tasks throughout the commercial team, achieved challenging objectives through strong leadership, outstanding service and in-depth emerging markets knowledge. Liaised directly with key industry decision makers, assess strategic distribution & manufacturing partnerships, conceptualised business alliances.
Key Accomplishments :
- Productively sourced and secured 7 new Fortune 500 customers, amounted to $55M net sales value.
- Agreed annual Joint Business Plans with top-tier partners including L'Oréal, Unicharm, BIC, Heineken, Pernod Ricard, Distell
- Effectively initiated more than 15 strong business plans to drive profit and return on capital ; persuaded partners on value and investment sharing; negotiated upwards of 10 complex contracts ; originated 2 strategic market entries
- Successfully established a new commercial organisation; spearheaded the development and introduction of commercial processes, KPIs and tools between Hub (Paris) and 15 countries.
- Achieved outstanding results; incremental €86million sales; EBIT up 380 bps; ROCE up 122 bps, CF down 35%.
- Balanced a tenacious approach with outstanding levels of service to secure sales of high standard services across consumer goods local manufacturing & distribution (JVs, agreements and acquisitions).
- Expertly orchestrated the coaching of 1 Country Managing Director and 5 Customer Development Directors.