Project Director (2004-2006) - Paris
- P&L accountability of hydropower projects (Vietnam/Korea). Negotiations with the client and subcontractors, project team management, coordination of the consortium, setting up manufacturing JV partnerships with DOOSAN (Korea) and with TOSHIBA (Japan).
- → Successful collaboration with DOOSAN and TOSHIBA leading to good budget performance.
Black Belt /Quality Department (2004) - Paris, Zurich
- Six Sigma Black Belt management of quality improvement projects. Analyzed slippage of margins during projects execution. Issued recommendations on risk management in project execution and “constructability” (optimization of industrial schemes).
- → Management took ownership to implement.
Deputy Project Director (2000-2003) - Paris, Mexico
- P&L management of an EPC power project in Mexico (520MW Circulating Fluidized Bed, 420 m $): negotiations with the client (BOT contract with an IPP), subcontractors and vendors follow up, project team management (5000 people on site), coordination of the consortium and third parties (auditors, lenders and local authorities), reporting.
- → Project led to completion despite extremely adverse conditions.
Head of Planning Department (1997-1999) - Paris
- Tender and project planning for combined cycles and conventional plants, consolidation of consortium programs, critical path analysis, technical and organizational failure analysis, and optimization of work processes.
- → Reduction of project cycle time/avoidance of payment of Liquidated Damages on delay.
Commissioning Engineer (1992-1996) - Pakistan, Mexico, NL, UK
- Commissioning and operation of combined cycles and conventional plants in Pakistan, The Netherlands, Mexico, United Kingdom. Tender preparation for combined cycle power plants.